Judges & Judging
An independent panel of recognised and expert judges, representing the aviation industry sector, will determine the winners of the Aviation Industry Awards. Our focus is to deliver a balanced judging assessment from industry leaders who will bring their extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and expertise to the judging process ensuring that the winning entries are truly outstanding and worthy of receiving an Aviation Industry Award.
The panel is carefully selected to ensure the Awards' judging process is fair and objective. The Judges are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement and are required to declare any conflict of interest in entries over which they deliberate, in which case that entry will be reallocated. The integrity of this process lies at the very heart of all that we do.
We recognise and respect the sensitive nature of the information submitted in the entries. Submissions are not disclosed or discussed outside the judging process. We do not publish the names of companies, organisations or individuals that have not been shortlisted for an Award, nor will we reproduce any information from your entry unless prior permission is given.
A comprehensive judging process has been put together to decide the worthy winners of the Aviation Industry Awards:
- After the closing date for receiving submissions, all entries will be sent for the first round of review.
- Entries will be carefully scrutinised with the best selected to go forward to the shortlist for each category.
- The shortlist of finalists will be published on the Awards website.
- Judges are divided into a minimum of two panels, ensuring any potential conflict is avoided.
- The judges will score each of the entries allocated to them against a predetermined set of scores.
- Scores are then collected and collated, with the entrant receiving the highest overall score being declared the winner of that category.
- The winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence, telephone, email or communication of any kind will be entered into in relation to decisions reached.
The winners of the Aviation Industry Awards 2016 were judged by an expert panel of leading industry professionals. For the full 2016 Judging Panel, see below.
The 2017 panel will be announced in due course.
Chief Economist, International Air Transport Association
Director, Federation of Aerospace Enterprises in Ireland
Manager Aviation Unit, Enterprise Ireland
Director General, European Regions Airline Association
Chairman Aircraft Leasing, Finance & Law Programme, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
Dr. Ronan O'Higgins
Course Director, BE Aeronautical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Limerick
Associate Professor in Management, DCU
Director, Corporate & Structured Banking, HSBC Bank